background

Sunday, June 9, 2013

happy summer 2013

About a month ago I started singing 'Here Comes the Sun' to my sweet Stella girl every day. I love the sun and love summer and by the time that winter is {finally} coming to a close in Salt Lake City, I get so excited for summertime to begin & summer has finally arrived. It is 96 degrees outside right now and it is 6:37pm. All winter long I dream about summer and when it is finally here, I can't believe how hot it gets! Thank goodness for air conditioning {I would die without it}.

Our world has been so exciting and full of love and happiness since Stella joined our family. She turned 6 months old a couple of days ago and Ty and I continue finding ourselves just staring at her in awe of how quickly the time has gone and how quickly she is growing up.

[Funny Story]: my little {big} cousin, Lucas, graduated from Logan High School a couple of weeks ago and I attended a celebration party for him after the ceremony. It was fun to see many of my family members and celebrate such an exciting time in his life. My uncle, Mike, asked everyone to go around the room and share a piece of advice with Luke and his friend for the upcoming chapter in their lives. I, being an emotional new mother and being so proud of my little buddy {Luke has been one of my favorite people in the world since he was born}, was praying that I wouldn't get called on to share advice. Well, I (and the rest of the group due to what happened next) wasn't so lucky. 

I wanted to remind the two 18 year olds to cherish every single moment. I truly believe that it is so important to take a step back as often as we can to take a deep breath and be aware of how blessed we are. When I was 18, my parents always told me to cherish every moment and my response was always, 'I know...yayaya.' but at the end of the day, I never took the time to take a step back. It wasn't until the last few months of watching my baby girl grow up that I truly realized how important every second is and how quickly time goes. Life seems to pass by much too quickly unless we remember to be aware of it and be grateful for what we have. In my attempt to share this advice with Luke and his friend, I broke down (as my thoughts went straight to what I explained above) and I couldn't hold it together. It was horribly embarrassing and I am just hoping that everyone got the message and doesn't think I am the crazy crier. :)

In other news, Ty started an internship in Provo last month which he is enjoying and I am still working for PacifiCorp. Our nanny, Nikki, watches Stella during the day and Stella LOVES her. We are so grateful to have someone with Stella that we trust and that loves Stella {almost} as much as we do. 

We sold the Prius last month {sad day} and got a new car which was sadly rear-ended on the freeway on Ty's commute home a couple of days ago. We are just glad that Ty is ok, Stella wasn't in the car, and cars can be fixed.

We are looking forward to this summer and I will attempt to keep this blog updated more regularly.







1 comment:

  1. Cami I am beyond in love with your little girl! I can't wait meet her. We will have to figure that out. We will be down for Thanksgiving I think!

    ReplyDelete